"The First Wealth
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Travelling under 70 days? Select the yearly plan, which best match your typical trip duration. Note: All plans can be extended, if needed when longer trips are planned . Select from: 2-day, 5-day, 10-day, 15-day, 20-day, 35-day, 60-day. $10 Million COVID-19 coverage included if fully or partially vaccinated. Or $1 Million optional COVID rider if unvaccinated.
Choose to insure all or a portion of your trip costs with this versatile Trip Cancellation/Interruption. This plan has no time cap and can be purchased anytime after booking a trip (72 hour waiting period applies).
• No medical questionnaire
• Only 60-day stability required prior to purchase
• Policy NOT invalidated if purchased post cancellation penalties
Coverage available for up to two individuals 59 years and under and up to six dependent children. Individual(s) named in the Family & Friends plan do not have to be the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the dependent children.
• Dependent children can be on a Family & Friends plan without an adult.
• All insureds must be named in the Policy declaration and will be covered under one Policy.
• Insureds on the Family & Friends plan do not need to be travelling together.
Emergency Medical available to INBOUND students under 69 years old and OUTBOUND students under 40 years old as well as their accompanying family members.
• $2 Million Emergency, $10,000 Air Flight/Common Carrier Benefit, $10,000 24 hr Accident Benefit
• Covers Pre-Existing Conditions stable 90 days before effective date.
• Travel worldwide during the period of coverage is valid as long as the majority of the period of coverage is spent in Canada or country of study.
Option to select up to $300,000 of coverage including up to $25,000 Accident Benefit
• Perfect for a Foreign Worker, International Student studying in Canada with valid legal status in Canada, an Immigrant awaiting provincial/territorial government health care coverage or a Canadian returning to Canada from an extended leave.
• If 59 years old and under, pre-existing conditions covered IF stable 120 days prior to effective date. • 60-69 years old, pre-existing conditions covered IF stable 180 days prior to effective date.• 70 years old and over pre-existing conditions covered IF stable within 365 days prior to effective date
SAFETY CHECKLIST: When shopping for travel insurance, perform a safety-check. Assess the safety of a policy’s terms and conditions based on our checklist. Otherwise, certain policy clauses could defeat a claim leaving your own assets at risk.
|In the event of an inadvertent inaccuracy on the medical questionnaire, does the policy contain a Misrepresentation clause whereby the insurer may VOID the entire policy even if the misanswered question may be unrelated to the medical claim incurred on the trip? Unless the policy includes a contractual “Compassion Clause”, move on.|
“It is a singular and troubling fact that most insurers neither provide nor wish to collect data on the rate of such denials. Post facto denial of claims follow a pattern: clients are refused their right to coverage as having been ineligible for insurance at the price paid; or due to inaccurate responses on the application. “
“Despite recent efforts of regulators, it must be conceded that serious problems regarding travel insurance contract voidability remain; and this is the focus of this brief to provincial regulators”
“In response to the growing concerns over public confidence in the market and the manner in which travel health insurance (THI) is manufactured and distributed, the CCIR formed a working group on THI at its fall 2014 meeting (the “Working Group”)…with a mandate to promote harmonization in regulatory approaches…identify practices that are causing harm…”